In the past few years, Vietnam has become one of the hottest tourist destinations in South East Asia. This S-shaped country possesses plenty of beautiful landscapes, a diverse ecosystem, and thousands of attractions across the regions.
Among all the international harbors, Chan May port is definitely one of the most traveler-magnet destinations. But there’s an existing issue: Most visitors don’t know what to do or where to go from this port. If you’re facing the same problem, don’t worry. Our post today will give you a guide to planning a private tour from Chan May port, Vietnam.
Chan May port – An international entrance to Vietnam
Get to know Chan May Port
Known as one of the top 46 international ports for travelers published by the Asia Cruise Terminal Association, Chan May Port has a favorable location which serves as an intersection of Singapore, Philippines, and Hong Kong. Moreover, it also sits in the center of Vietnam and lies between 2 big tourist cities – Danang and Hue. Therefore, it’s no strange that tourist services have flourished in this area.
Where can you visit from Chan May Port?
As Chan May port owns a favorable position in Vietnam, visitors will have a wide range of options when it comes to choosing attractions to stop by. In our opinion, it would be best to visit three following cities: Hue, Hoi An and Danang/Golden Bridge
Please remember that we only have a few hours of visiting; therefore, we cannot contemplate all of the attractions between these destinations. Below, we will give you a full list of what to experience in this trip.
How to Start Booking a Chan May Excursion?
You can easily plan a Chan May Excursion in three simple steps;
Step 1: Find out which city you would like to visit
We strongly recommend you to read what amazing places and experience you can visit in each city with our detailed guide below
- Travel from Chan May Port to Hue
- Travel from Chan May Port to Hoi An
- Finally, Travel from Chan May Port to Danang/Golden Bridge and Bana Hill
Step 2: Choose a local company for cost-saving purpose
Once you finalize which experience and city you would like to visit, contact a local company in Hue or Hoi An. Their quote is usually cheaper than your cruise’s excursion price. Also, this is a great way to support local economy while having the best local insights into their lives.
Send them your request!
Bee Bee Travel offers very competitive price for visitors who want to plan their Shore Excursion from Chan May port. Also, our bi-lingual guide team who is fluent in English, knowledgeable about Hue, Danang and Hoi An and loving what we do.
We can help you to explore best thing to do in Hue and Hoi An in your Central Vietnam Excursion.
Step 3: Pick out best quote and program and confirm
In the quote, you should also notice the fee to pick up inside the port.
Usually, this extra fee is not quoted in your program and many tour operators will inform you about this port check out fee. Details are:
- Pick up ship-side: US $20 per person
- Pick up at port entrance: US $10 per person
If you do not mind walking about 500 meters to Chan may port entrance, choosing to be picked up by your driver and guide would help you to save some costs.
However, you might have a lot of walking later in the city center, so you deserve being picked up ship-side at the beginning.
Once you inform them about your decision, all you need to do is to pack nicely and comfortably, also check the weather information section and traveling tips below before you go as well.
Now enjoy a wonderful cruise and shore excursion in Vietnam!
Hue or Hoi An? Where should you go?
This is a question that we usually receive from our reader. To be fair, both of them are beautiful and worth-to-come if you have enough time. But if you don’t, you should consider a few things below to find out your answer.
|Hoi An City|
All in all, these destinations both have their strength and weaknesses. For those who want to have a peaceful trip with the quiet and ancient vibe, then Hue will definitely satisfy them.
If you wish to visit a modern city and enjoy more services, then undoubtedly Hoi An is a perfect choice.
Some tips for a better vacation in Vietnam from Chan May Port.
Since the only way to get to Hue is traveling by private cars, it’s incredibly essential that you choose the right agent to book. According to our experience, visitors should work with local agents instead of others.
First of all, a local agent can give you a much more affordable price as there are no third parties taking part in your trip.
The quality is also much better as their local guides understand thoroughly this area. They have more knowledge and experience than any other overseas tour guides provided by other traveling agents.
Last but not least, working with a local agent will give you much more authentic and unique experience than what other cruise ship service can offer. You will no longer face overpriced issues or overrated attractions that waste your time and money.
Moreover, a local agent can also provide many insights of your desired destinations that others cannot know such as the weather, the traffic status, etc. Having these details will be extremely beneficial for your trip!
- Rent a bike: The total area of Pho Co Hoi An is about 2 kilometers square. In this area, there are a few streets that don’t allow vehicles, so going by bike is a great idea. Although you cannot ride in those streets mentioned above, you can still take the bike with you. If you go by motorbike, you’ll have to park it outside with an additional fee. The price to rent a bike for the whole day is 25.000 VND to 30.000 VND.
- Wear comfortable clothes: The weather in Hoi An is sunny and quite hot, so it would be best to wear comfortable clothes and bring an umbrella with you.
Danang/ Golden Bridge and Bana Hill.
- Bring your sunscreen with you: Located in the sunny land of the Central Region with tons of beautiful beaches, Danang is an ideal place to get your skin damaged. Therefore, you should always bring sunscreen with the SPF of 50.
- Wear suitable clothes: Hue has a lot of pagodas, shrines, and mausoleums, which are all revered destinations. Therefore, visitors should pay attention to their clothes before coming in.
- Ask before buying or using services: To avoid being overcharged, you should ask for the price carefully before doing anything!
Now, you’ve known everything about traveling from Chan May port, right? Thank you for reading our post. We hope this guide to plan a private tour from Chan May port, Vietnam is helpful for you. Vietnam is a beautiful country with spectacular landscapes ranging from North to South. Come to Vietnam once, and you’ll long for a return.